Rain, Rain, Go Away!


We've had heavy thunderstorms every day for weeks now and I'm getting so sick of it.

Our lapa is flooded again and I even had nightmares last night about our house filling up with water and me running around like a chicken without a head trying to save my children and my things! 

Our garden is also flooded and its just mud everywhere!  Its hard not to get depressed about it.  We have installed a pump to remove all the water but we literally have to switch it on every hour to pump (which we can't do at night) so by the morning we are flooded again.  We are in the process of trying to install a timer that kicks on when the water level gets too high.

I know I should be grateful for all the good things in my life so I'm going to stop griping now.  I'm going to be positive and happy.

On a different note.....


Kaylin was pretending to be Superman last night and did a quick spin around with arms outstretched, lost her balance and whacked her nose on the side of her plastic chair.  Blood everywhere!  She has now realised that she is, in fact, not Superman!  Tough lesson learned...we have packed the cape and mask away.