Two Shiney New Pennies

Yesterday my sister, Janie was surprised by her very sweet partner, Mick, and sent us to the Indaba Hotel Mangwanani Private African Day Spa for the day to celebrate her birthday. We got the African Revitilisation Full Day Spa Package.


Two words : FRIKKEN AWESOME!!!

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty! We got champagne on arrival and were immediately sent to change into our white fluffy robes and slippers. It was then back to the dining room for a lovely and leisurely healthy breakfast of muslei, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, scones, muffins, croissants.

After breakfast we were taken off to have our first treatment (one of seven treatments) of the day which was a full Body Scrub. Between each treatment we got a 5 or 10 minute break to have more juice, fruit, champagne and a ciggie.

Our next event was some free time by the pool where I enjoyed the view and the sunshine and Janie enjoyed a dip in their stunning wee rock pool. While we were by the pool a lady came with drinks and asked us if she could give us a foot rub (not part of the package). Of course we accepted.

Our next one was a hand massage (from finger tips to elbow) which was my favourite of the day. They lady who was doing it had an incredible energy so I just closed my eyes lay back and basked in the sensations, the soft music, the warm breeze, the sound of the wate trickling nearby, the birds chirping and the smells of the essential oils. It was magnificent!

Our third treatment was the North African head, neck and scalp massage. Lovely but we came out of there looking like you could fry chips in our hair. It was well worth it though.

Then it was lunch and back to the dining room for a scrummy chicken salad and gorgeous decadent desserts of chocolate or strawberry mousse, mini milk tarts, chocolate brownies, ice cream, hot malva pudding with custard. And more champagne! Hmmmmm lovely. What more could a girl want? Walking around in our comfy garb, an endless supply of food and booze? Heaven on earth, I say...

After lunch it was back to the treatment rooms and we went for our beauty facial. It was beautiful just lying there with a mask on my face REALLY relaxing. You don't realise that we don't really relax at home - well I know I don't. I'm always buzzing around and finding things to do...

Our next treatment was our Full Body Hot Stone Massage. How delicious. Pampered from bottom to top and all I wanted to do by then is go and take a nap and Janie said the only thing thats missing from her relaxation is smoking a spliff! We giggled. Its exhausting being spoiled rotten! I could get used to it.

Our final treatment was the foot massage which of course was not my favourite (because anyone close to me knows I don't like feet. I think they're ugly and I don't like anyone touching my feet) so I'm glad they left this one for last because by then my legs were like jelly from all the treatments.

We left at 5pm and after all that R & R, did we really have to sit in the rush-hour city bumper-to-bumper traffic. The stress was creeping back in already...

A HUGE, MASSIVE, GARGANTUAN Thank You to Mick who sent us to this Piece of Paradise for the day. No words can actually explain how grateful I am that I got to spend the entire day with Janie on her birthday and that we got so spoiled at the Spa, thanks to you.

Arrival


An excited Janie when she found out where we were going

In the change rooms in our fluffy robes and slippers


The beautiful bathrooms where you didn't even have to dry your own hands

Everything was just perfect, every detail thought out and everything was five star


The Dining Room


Janie with her freebie water bottles


Gillian on the way to a treatment


Janie posing along the way


Ching! Ching! Nothing like a glass of bubbly to relax you


The birhtday girl with her bubbly


Janie enjoying a float in the rock pool.



Janie sitting by one of the quiet spots


Loads of lavendar surround the entire venue
 

One of the outdoor treatment rooms


The pool area at a distance


One of the pause / chill areas


The Mangwanani Shop full of cool merchandise and racks of lovely pots and potions.


One of the many water feature areas that surround the outdoor treatment rooms